Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Character Version 2

After finishing the first version of the character I wasn't entirely happy with it.  I liked the elimination of the nose but the eyes were bothering me.  I ended up seeing this Exel gum commercial with some CG characters and I liked the simplicity of their eyes and their proportion to the rest of their faces.  Here is a picture of them so you can see what I'm talking about. 

So I played with the size of the eyes until I was happy.  I decided to keep the eyelids and the normal eyes.  He didn't look right with all black eyes.  On a suggestion from Wallace I also tapered the arms and legs and I think they look much cuter.  I'm a lot happier with the outcome.  Here it is.

The last step is still to do a bit of tweaking in Zbrush but I don't think he'll change too much.  Just to note I also have our other character finished but we won't be showing him since we don't want to spoil the story.


No comments:

Post a Comment